Now lets talk food! Ever since I posted my "Weekly Meal Ideas" video, I have gotten asked to share what Addison typically eats too. And I will be the first to admit that I LOVE these kinds of posts on other Mommy blogs I read. I'm really lucky that Addison is such a great eater, it saves me tons of time and makes it easier on me that I don'tt have to cook separate meals for her. There really isn't anything this girl doesn't like or won't eat. So I thought I would share with you some ideas of meals she has. If you guys like this, let me know and I will keep posts like this one coming ;). *Note that a lot of these were from a a couple months ago in the heart of the Summer, hence the seasonal fruits/veggies. I am so late in posting this!
Breakfast - We don't stray from the usual too often (except on the weekends when I make pancakes or frenchtoast). During the week It usually looks something like this:
1. Scrambled Eggs, Toast, Blueberries
2. Scrambled Eggs, Avocado, Banana
3. Scrambled Egg Whites, Tomatos, Avocado
4. Oatmeal w/ Strawberries & Blueberries
Eggs or Oatmeal, always with a side of fruit and I switch it up between toast, yogurt and avocado. I make her cinnamon toast and she also loves my cinnamon raisin bread.
Lunch - This is always the challenging meal for me, so please do share if you have some better ideas! Sometimes its leftovers, but most days we alternate between lunch meat (I always buy Applegate Naturals Ham or Turkey) / grilled cheese / pb&j or her new favorite jelly & cream cheese sandwiches, with sides like hummus/veggies, avocado, fruit and yogurt.
1. Almond Butter & Strawberry Jam, Cheese, Carrot Sticks & Hummus
2. Sliced Turkey, Cottage Cheese, Avocado, Cucumbers & Tomatos
3. Turkey, Cottage Cheese, Pita & Hummus
4. Tuna, Avocado, Black Beans & Cantaloupe
Dinner - She eats whatever I make for myself, so this changes constantly (and you may see some similar meals pop up in a video of mine coming up).
1. Grilled Chicken, Yellow (green) Beans, Cucumber / Tomato Salad w/ EVOO & vinegar
2. Turkey burgers (w/cheese) with an avacdo/yogurt dressing, corn on the cob, brown rice.
3. Rotisserie Turkey, Peas & Carrots
4. Whole Wheat Pasta with grilled chicken and my homeade gray (sauce).
Snacks usually include yogurt (I buy Stonyfield's YoBaby/YoToddler), applesauce, puffs, cheerios, the new Smuckers Fruit Fulls that is is CRAZY for or fruit. She also really loves smoothies.
I welcome more ideas or if you have a blog where you post ideas, please share it!