header ad

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Day 16 & Catch-Up!

We've been in a "holding pattern" here the last few days just waiting for her ANC to go up, so I apologize for the lack of updates! We played all morning on Thursday while she was out of bed and went from one activity to the next.  She was super energetic and happy and it was a nice change to see her acting "herself".  Normally she does one thing and then wants to get back in bed, so I had a feeling she was feeling better.  Sure enough we finally had our prayers answered yesterday morning when they told us that Addie's ANC came up to 60!  Its been at 0 the last several days, so it was a welcomed relief.   She had some special visitors one day, though she was having a "shy" moment, LOL.



She received her weekly dose of Chemotherapy on Friday and her doctor said it should not affect her ANC levels, but it unfortunately did drop to 40 today. Although it didn't go up, I am relieved it didn't fall all the way back to 0.  We are still hoping and praying to be discharged over this long weekend. COME ON ANC!  She has been doing great with taking her steroids crushed up in applesauce and thanks to them has had a pretty crazy appetite and is always craving things with salt. The downside to the steroids (in addition to her poor face becoming puffy) is her mood swings and overall attitude towards people, especially her parents & family.  That has been the most frustrating thing as her Mom- to see her go from extreme highs to extreme lows in a matter of seconds.  In those moments of her being so moody and bossy and blah, I miss my baby girl so much.  I know its just the medicine and I feel bad for even getting upset or frustrated with her because she has no control over what they are doing to her.  I just have to keep reminding myself that this is all temporary.

πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

If you follow me on Instagram (@Michelebell21), you would have seen that Addie and I both got a pretty amazing surprise on Wednesday when my Sister-in-law, Julie and Addie's 5 month old cousin Penelope busted into her hospital room!  They flew here from Louisiana and it put a huge smile on both of our faces.  It was also special because it was the first time Penelope got to meet her little cousin Bentley for the first time.  Seeing them together is too stinkin cute!  They are basically the same size, however 17 weeks apart!  Penelope is such a little peanut!





Everyday in the hospital they play a little tune every time a patient receives his or her last chemo treatment.  And every time we hear the music we cheer that their Beast is dead!  I can't wait for them to play the music for Addie.

With Love,

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you are still waiting to hear when Addie can go home. The waiting has to be so hard!! Wow- Bentley is a real buster isn't he-Lol I think of you all everyday and I will continue to pray for your precious girl!! You will all be so happy when Addie is home! Lori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry things are tough. It's to be expected, but focus on the good and the task at hand and all will be well soon. Prayers for those ANC levels to go up! I wonder if that liquid gold breast milk could help with immunity?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More prayers to you all and that the ANC levels will continue to go up!! ❤️❤️❤️πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ Hang in there Michelle. Your Little girl will be back and stronger than ever in no time 😘😘😘

    Melanee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele, as you might remember, I've lived a road a little similar to yours, with sick little girls. I can so relate to missing that cute little girl that goes into hiding when the meds make them feel yucky. I also have endured many many weeks in hospital with either of my girls, also with a newborn. Not easy and not a whole lot of fun. I don't know the pain that cancer brings, but I sure know the pain of seeing your precious daughter in that hospital bed struggling. I know ports, all to well, and I know those IV pumps. I've been doing this 22 years. My little girl who passed away spent 285 days in hospital, her last year.

    But now we are on the other side of lung transplant, with my other daughter and some of the worst days are behind us. I'm cheering you on, looking so forward to seeing you say the worst days are behind us, too!! I pray that you will see the hand of God so closely on little Addie's life, and your whole family. He doesn't ever leave or forsake those that choose him and love him. He also very much loves you all.

    I will continue praying for you, that you'll get home soon, and be back to life as you know it.
    All my love
    Angela
    New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More prayers on your way Michele. Hang in there with lots and lots of positive thoughts. Think only what you want to happen and see, and let the god do his magic. Your little girl will be perfectly normal, soon you will go home and before you know, dark days will be gone and Happy Rainbow 🌈 will be back 😊 Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of prayers and love sent you guys' way ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last part about them playing the tune for last round of chemo, completely choked me up, I can't imagine what you guys are going through particularly with a new born! as you've said God only gives you what you can handle and your little girl is so strong, my thoughts and prayers are with you all and I hope she gets out soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending so much love and good vibes your way,
    Michele! Addie is in my prayers and God is with your family. You truly are SuperMom! Just handling a newborn is sometimes too much to handle and you have so so much more on your plate. Don't be hard on yourself at all - you are doing everything to the best of your abilities and you have a wonderful 'army' behind you! COME ON ANC!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form for Michele1218

Name

Email *

Message *