header ad

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Day 6

8/23 - Addie's temperature was up and down throughout the night, never exceeding 100.8, but to lean on the side of caution the doctor decided to give her a broad spectrum antibiotic to kill anything if it is in fact a bacterial infection.  They also took blood cultures to ensure the infection is not in her bloodstream.  If it is not an infection and just a virus, like any other virus, it has to run its course. This could be our explanation as to why she has been so out of it and sleeping / not eating the past couple days.  In other GREAT news, part of her bone marrow biopsy came back showing the doctors exactly what her genetic mutation cells are made up of.  I am happy to report that those specific cells are cells in which they know exactly what their makeup is and how to treat them.  The doctor shared that this now puts her at a low risk and also attributes even more to a wonderful and curable prognosis for her! God is so good!

Some of you have expressed concern and are curious about how I am doing and coping with all of this and a newborn, too.  I am trying to take each day a step at a time and process the information a little bit at a time.  Its hard, but I am trying to not get too ahead of myself with questions and things to worry about.  It has helped tremendously to constantly be surrounded by our loved ones, and when they go home at night to turn to my social media and receive hundreds and hundreds of warm and uplifting messages.  I never feel alone and its all making this a tiny bit easier on me.  Its true what they say and does take an army and we are incredibly blessed and grateful to have the people in our lives that we do.  Without them, I would not be able to be at my little girl's bedside as much as I am.  Dan's boss has been amazing to us and basically told him to not even worry about work at the moment. The nice thing is, is that he works in this hospital. Therefore he has still been able to take some calls and have meetings against his bosses instructions.  I'm glad he at least gets to feel a little normal and get his mind out of this hospital room for a little, too.  We keep saying how crazy it is that things work out the way that they do and how ironic that he can still be here with Addie and at work at the same time.

There is a family stay / small hotel across from the hospital for families who need to stay long term. We have been keeping Bentley there pretty much the entire time and between Dany, my Mom, and our family and friends, he is being well taken care of and smothered in love.  Its nice for me to have him so close, because I pop over there once or twice a day to nurse him and spend a little time with him, too. The hospital also gave me a pump, so when I am not with him I am pumping. The last thing I want is for my supply to go down so I have been doing everything I can to keep it up and not let the stress effect it either.  **Shoutout and admiration to exclusively pumping Mommys or those who work full-time...being attached to a breast-pump, washing and sterilizing parts and bottles - rinse and repeat is a little job of its own!  Louie is staying with Dan's parents while we are at the hospital and I can't express more the relief that we have that our other children are being so well taken care of. Louie is up to visit Addie a lot and he always puts a smile on her face or is able to get her to talk on the phone when she won't talk to anyone else.  I love how much she loves her big brother. With Bentley, we keep saying that God couldn't give us a better baby to be in this situation. Its like he knows what is going on and is being incredible for us.  He just eats and sleeps and is quiet most of the day.  Unfortunately there are just too many germs in the hospital for him to catch, so we really haven't had him up to visit with Addie. She misses her brothers and asks about them constantly, which is always a kick to the stomach.  We can't wait until we are all back home and under one roof again, soon.

Dan has been my ROCK and I do not know how I could possibly be enduring all that I am without him AND his family by my side.  I tell him everyday how grateful I am and thanked his Mom for giving me such an incredible man.  And if he weren't wonderful and enough of a support, I feel so lucky to be a part of his family.  They have always treated Addie like their own, but more than ever, every single one of them has stepped up to offer their help, share their worry, and wrap their arms around us and her.  Dan's 2 cousins and their families (4 of Addie's favorite cousins) drove up from NY over the weekend and basically spent the entire day in the waiting room because Addie was having such a rough day. They refused to leave even though we told them she wasn't up for visitors and had lunch and dinner in the waiting room waiting out for when she would be feeling better (which she did!). One of his cousins is fighting his own battle with Stage 4 Esophageal cancer and actually had his surgery scheduled 2 days after their visit to Addie (which was a success, btw!).  We insisted that he should stay home but he insisted that he wanted to come be with Addie.  I am in tears even just writing about how wonderful and selfless they all have been.  It goes without saying how incredible my family has been too.  Between my Mom helping out with Bentley and being at Addie's bedside whenever she can, cooking us meals and bringing them to the hospital and my Dad leaving work early from NYC everyday to be by his favorite girl's side with whatever she asks for.  We keep joking how we hope Addie doesn't ask Papou for a Unicorn because he will probably go find one! My older brother spent the entire last weekend with us - again even though she wasn't up for visitors and he is coming back up this weekend.  And my little brother is flying up from NC this weekend to be here for her Spinal Tap on Friday and then coming back again next week . How did we ever get so lucky?

You all will get tired of hearing me say it, but I am going to keep telling you all how grateful we are for your prayers and positivity.  God is answering our prayers and we have all of you in his ear to thank for it.  I wish I could personally respond and thank each and every single message we receive - it touches my heart more than you know.  I cannot wait to be able to share with Addie how many prayer warriors she had fighting for her and how loved she is around the world, from complete strangers.  I will never be able to express how humbled I am by all of you.

With Love,

21 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Dan is amazing! Addie, Bentley and Louie are truly blessed. I will continue to pray for Addie. God is with her. God is good. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that Addie has such a big family of people who love her tremendously. FANTASTIC news that she is low risk! I'll keep her in my thoughts as she gets rid of that infection or virus. I'm sure you're all ready to be home. Can't wait for that to happen for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you ever consider opening up a PO box so some of your followers could send Addie cards? I know my little boy would love to draw a picture for her, might be fun for her to open mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, you are so sweet! I actually have one that I use for business, but you are more than welcome to send a card there - I'm sure Addie would love that! PO Box 3282, Bethlehem, PA 18017. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. So glad for the update! Praise Jesus at the good news about her staging! I am so happy she is going to be just fine through all of this. You are one lucky girl with that strong family on your side! Praying for no side effects for Addie today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for the positive update you are so strong and having a strong family of course is everything. Thinking and praying for you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that you have such wonderful support and that Addie is so loved by so many. She is a lucky girl to have you as her mommy and so many people praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michele you are so lucky to have loving family around you when you need them the most. We are your extended family, physically we are not there but you are always in are prayer. Be strong, be positive and have faith on god, everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't usually comment on blogs, but I just want to say that I think that both you and Addie are astoundingly strong. I cannot tell you how much I am willing her to get better. This is just a rough chapter in what I know will be a very long, happy book for you all. I have every faith that Addie will beat her cancer, and do it in style. You are amazing for holding everything together - it's clear where Addie gets her courage from.

    Sending you as much love, virtual hugs and support as will travel across the Atlantic from England xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm following this from Australia and am so incredibly inspired by how much of an amazing woman your are Michele. Your family are so beautiful and Addie is in my prayers. The moment I read your instagram post I was in tears and even reading this post about how incredibly supportive and determined your family are, makes me so emotional. Stay strong and Addie will feel your strength x Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy to hear things are going well for the most part. How is Jakers doing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy to hear things are going well for the most part. How is Jakers doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is doing well - staying with Nick's parents for the time being..I miss him like crazy though =(. I've only gotten to see him once since we got to the hospital =(.

      Delete
  12. God is faithful and where He guides, He provides - He has gone over and beyond to provide comfort to you all, His children and you're so right - He has entrusted this cross to Addie to bear because He knows her strength because it's His strength. Very often we look at our children and don't realize quite how strong and resilient they are but their innocence and purity of heart is truly what makes them strong and courageous of heart. I can't imagine the motions u go through from time to time but know that and be reminded that God is in control and that He is carrying Addie and your family through this and that you will all come out stronger and closer for it. We continue to stand in the gap for Addie and your family and thank God in advance for her healing and restoration. Sending all our love ❤️ Devashini

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Daniel, what a great man. Everything happens for a reason and all that bad stuff that happened a few years ago was so this incredible man can step back into your life and be you rock at times like these. I also found my incredible soulmate and husband 14 years ago and I THANK GOD everyday that I did! Prayers and hugs to Addie! Love u M xo Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so blessed and loved by a lot of people.
    Everything will be fine. I don't usually comment but I have been watching you since the beginning of your youtube career. I have always admired you, you are very strong. God is always with Addie & you. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michele you are truly amazing and all 3 of your children are so lucky to have you and Dan as their parents. God does everything for a reason and this will only make you all stronger. I keep checking everyday to see how Addie is doing. Sending you all so much love and prayers. Hang in their super mom!!! Praying for Addie❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been praying everyday for you and Addie and the rest of your family! I'm so glad you have support during this time. Will continue to pray! <3

    mintaylor03

    ReplyDelete
  17. One day...one meal....one shower...one hour...one minute at a time. Just breathe pray and get thru it however you can. Be strong and Addie will show you how strong she can be. One thing I realized and still do to this day. My twins react and have emotions that reflect mine. If I'm sad and depressed you better believe their day will reflect and be just as awful or worse than mine even if I think I'm hiding it from them. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Family is the best. Sounds like you have got the perfect army. Keeping you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I took a long break from youtube and was just now catching up on all your videos when I saw this one..I am so sorry for what Addie, you and your family are going through...I wanted to pay forward some advice I got from someone that was key in my own recovery and that was to look into working with a good functional medicine doctor, in addition to her other doctors, to find the root causes and weaknesses in her own body that made it possible for the cancer to take a hold in the first place and then strengthen those weaknesses so that her immune system is better
    able to help put her body in remission too.. More than willing to answer any questions you might have.. Sending you lots of love, hugs and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form for Michele1218

Name

Email *

Message *